Director of Astara Learning Centre
Mary Ann Ninan
With 35 years of varied teaching experience, Mary Ann is an asset to any educational institution. She is an extremely hard-working and organized individual who is always willing to go the extra mile to provide her students with the best learning experience. She has developed and adapted unique student-oriented teaching methods into easily applicable strategies for ESL students of different nationalities and ages. Having taught students of more than 45 different nationalities, she has successfully developed methods of communicating complex concepts to students in a simplified and relevant manner. To this extent, she orchestrated successful workshops in Hamilton catering to students from all over Ontario for CAEL & MELAB workshops, which helped students achieve their required English levels for their professions. In addition, she helped students develop “Speed Reading” skills, a course she had successfully developed and taught at the BATELCO training College in Bahrain, in the Middle East.
Her credentials include: Masters in English Literature with Honors; TESL; co-ordinator for ibtTOEFL, MELAB, CAEL; Oral Examiner for MELAB and CAEL, Instructor for IELTS, ibtTOEFL, CELBAN, CELPIP, CAN, CAEL, MELAB, TOEIC, YELT, Speed Reading, ESL and Conversational English.
- A professional and unique approach towards teaching a language
- Effective communication skills
- Fluent in English, Hindi, Malayalam and Marathi
- Orally competent in French, Arabic and Chinese
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Dynamic leadership qualities
- Exceptional knowledge and application of language software programs
- Expert proof-reading and editing skills
Click here to book an appointment